Do you know that you are shaping your brain all the time?
Important facts discovered from the research of brain
(This is a kind of a summary of the two videos down at the bottom.)
1. Your brain still can be changed to the positive direction after puberty. That means you still can become smarter after you pass teenage years.
2. Brain can be shaped positive way or negative way. Brain is plastic. It is shaped depending on what you do and what you don’t. You are the one who decide the direction of the change.
3. After you practice certain skills like piano, you are able to do them, but after a couple of days, you can’t. It is because during the first practices, your brain’s chemical transfer gets faster between synapsis but it is not a structural change which supports long term memory. So when you learn new skills and it seems it doesn’t work, It is not because you are not smart enough. It is because you haven’t practiced enough as you change the structure of your brain.
4. “There is no neuroplasticity drug. Nothing is more effective than practice at helping you learn. The bottom line is you have to do the work.” - Lara Boyd
5. From the research, it has been discovered that the more difficult tasks are and the more you struggle, during practice, the more changing your brain is structurally and the more you are learning.
6. Every brain has a unique structure and function. "There is no one-size-fits-all approach to learning. Study how and what you learn best. Repeat those behaviors that are healthy for your brain. Break those behaviors and habits that are not." - Lara Boyd
“Appreciate that how magnificent your brain is. Your plastic brain is shaped by the world around you. Everything you encounter, and everything you experience is changing your brain. That can be for better but it can also be for worse. Go out and build brain you want. “ - Lara Boyd